Perfect for a cold snowy or 'not-so-snowy' night, this soup will keep you warm and full. Italian spices will bring a little bit of Italy to your soul.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small head of cabbage or half a large one
- 1/4 cup coarsely cut parsley
- 5 red potatoes cut in fours
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan Salt or sea salt (slowly add salt and adjust to your liking)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock
In a large stockpot, combine all the vegetables, seasoning, and chicken stock. Let it simmer until all vegetables except potatoes are soft. Add the meatballs and allow it to cook. Continue to boil for another 15-20 minutes until all potatoes are tender.
Serve with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.
*I made meatballs specifically for this soup. Using the meatball recipe, I took 1 pound and made them into mini meatballs and 'not-so-perfectly-round' as a "crumble in the soup" and took the other 1 pound and made large meatballs.